Welcome to RRVBC
Today, RRVBC supplies the total blood needs for 8 area hospitals:
- Beloit Health System
- Edgerton Hospital and Health Services
- OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
- Rochelle Community Hospital
- MercyHealth Rockford
- SwedishAmerican Hospital
- SwedishAmerican Medical Center-Belvidere
RRVBC must collect more than a 1000 units of blood each week to meet the needs of our eight hospitals. We rely on donors from six counties of the Rock River Valley, including Winnebago, Boone, McHenry, Ogle, and Stephenson counties in Illinois and Rock County in Wisconsin. RRVBC employs approximately 100 people, including a Medical Director, healthcare, financial, community relations, and outsourced housekeeping professionals. RRVBC has four locations. In addition, there are up to three mobile blood drives each day. RRVBC is a not-for-profit organization, governed by an eleven member Board of Directors. We are regulated by the Food and Drug Administration; accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks; and a member of America’s Blood Centers.
To be a premier blood center exceeding customer expectations.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center, in partnership with our communities, is dedicated to providing safe, high-value blood products and services to people in need.
- Excellence through quality processes
- Exceptional customer service
- Efficiency through technology
- Integrity and diversity in alliances
- Teamwork and education for continuous improvement
What people say about us